The New Freedom Veteran Transportation Project provides transportation free of charge for veterans, veteran’s spouses and dependents, and surviving spouses of veterans who reside in Wichita and Wilbarger counties. SHARP Lines coordinates with the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) of Wichita Falls, VSO offices, and other veteran service organizations to provide transportation for medical related needs or veteran sponsored events for veterans who live in these two counties.
To schedule a ride call 1-877-633-8747. A Mobility Specialist will work with you to:
- determine if your trip meets the requirements for the program;
- determine your transportation needs, including:
- date, time, and location of trip,
- mobility needs such as a cane, walker, or wheel chair,
- need for an attendant; and,
- explain trip procedures.
For more information regarding the Texas Veterans Commission, visit www.tvc.texas.gov.
“This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families.”