The Veteran Roofing Project coordinates with Disabled American Veterans (DAV) of Wichita Falls and county VSO officers to provide roof repairs for eligible veteran’s homes within the twenty-eight counties served by Rolling Plains Management Corporation’s Weatherization Program. To learn if you are eligible for the program, contact the office in the list below that serves your county. A staff member will speak to you about program eligibility requirements, explain the application process, and discuss the benefits of having your home assessed for weatherization services, which could increase the energy efficiency of your home and decrease the energy burden.
For more information regarding the Texas Veterans Commission, visit www.tvc.texas.gov
“This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families.”
For this grant, Veteran and/or surviving spouses must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be considered Low Income (as defined in RFA Section III. Definition of Key Terms)
- Be considered Very Low Income (as defined in RFA Section III. Definition of Key Terms)
- Be a Disabled Veteran (as defined in RFA Section III. Definition of Key Terms)
- Produce one of the following Service documents:
- DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- NGB-22, National Guard Report of Separation and Record of Service
- NA Form 13038, Certificate of Military Service
- Department of Veteran affairs official letter of disability with character of service listed
- E-Benefits summary letter with character of service listed
- Honorable discharge certificate
- Uniform Service Identification Card
- State of Texas Issued Driver License with Veteran designation
- Surviving Spouses: All surviving non-remarried spouses of a deceased Veteran able to produce current VA benefit documentation whose Veteran spouse had any discharge status other than dishonorable or one of the following documents:
- Uniform Services Identification Card
- Marriage certificate with veteran documentation
- Death Certificate with veteran documentation
Income Documentation – Documentation of income received for 30 days prior to the date the application is signed for everyone in the household ages 18 and older. If any household member receives Social Security benefits, we must have a benefit letter showing 2019. If there is a household member age 18 or older that has not received income for a full 30 days, is self-employed, or has not received any income in the 30 days prior to the application, a Declaration of Income Statement will need to be completed.
Benefit Documentation - For any household member that receives state and/or government benefits, including child support, food stamps, VA Benefits, or TANF.