Weatherization Assistance

We have currently met our allocations for the 2019 program year, we will begin taking new applications after January 15th, 2020. 

The Weatherization Assistance Program provides assistance to economically disadvantaged individuals, particularly the elderly and disabled, to promote a more comfortable healthy environment, conserve energy and reduce high utility bills.

Weatherization programs are funded by several different sources. The Department of Energy and Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program provides funding through the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. As in all weatherization programs, all assistance is based on eligibility and availability of state and federal funds.

Because the goal is to reduce energy consumption by making the home more energy-efficient, renovations and cosmetic improvements are not included.  The weatherization assistance program MAY include the following:

General caulking
Attic, floor and wall insulation
Skirting/underpinning exposed floors
Window repair/replace
Repair/replace doors
Patching holes in floor, ceiling, outside walls
Repair/replace/retrofit heat/cool equipment
Address health and safety issues.

All the above items may not apply to every home.




The application will not be processed unless it is completely filled out and returned with all necessary documentation. Below is a list of all documentation that must accompany your completed application.


Proof of Citizenship –
Current US Passport
US American Indian/Alaska Native tribal enrollment or membership card with photo
Certification of Naturalization
Certificate of US Citizenship


A government-issued photo identification card (current driver’s license, state issued identification card military identification card)


US birth certificate
Certification of Report of Birth
Certification of Birth Abroad
US Citizen ID Card, American Indian ID Card
Northern Mariana ID Card
Final adoption decree showing US place of birth
US military record showing US place of birth
Current Texas voter registration card. Children under the age of 16 may use a clinic, doctor, hospital or school record in lieu of a government-issued photo ID.

Income Documentation – 

Income documentation for everyone in the household, aged 18 or older, for the thirty days prior to the application submission date.

Benefit Award Letter(s) -   

For any household member that receives state and/or government benefits, including child support, food stamps, VA Benefits, or TANF. 

Utility Bills – 

Include copy of most current electric and gas and/or propane bill (front and back); each bill must have the same address as the application. 

Renters – 

If weatherization and/or heating and cooling services are requested, we must obtain a completed Landlord agreement (obtained at our office).


Vertical Tabs